| agreement |
This agreement is put in place so you know exactly what a session with us entails and to ensure that we are able to deliver on your expectations. Please read all information carefully, and if you have any questions at any time, just ask.
| terms |
“studio” means Kate & Co, family photographers and those in the studio’s employment
“shoot & session” means your photographic session with the studio where your photographs are taken
“client/s” means individual who engages the studio to produce photographs
| copyright |
1) It is agreed that the studio, retains the copyright to all images taken at your session. It is illegal, unethical and punishable by law to scan, copy or reproduce these images in any manner or medium unless you have purchased a limited copyright licence from Kate & Co.
Likewise, clients cannot authorise any reproductions of images for commercial use, personal use, for photographic competition or display. Even though the pictures may be of you or your child, the studio owns the copyright to the images. The studio is the only entity who can crop, alter or modify any image produced at your session.
2) Originals and digital files remain the property of the studio. It is agreed that the studio may use any image from our session for industry competitions and as required for reasonable general promotional material for the studio. The usage for any other purpose is to be renegotiated between the parties and requires specific permission from you, the client/s.
While the digital files are available for purchase, copyright is retained by the studio and a limited release (for personal use only) is given for the files when they are purchased.
A limited release means you are able to use your images for any purpose other than 1) sell them to a 3rd party 2) enter them into competitions 3) use them for commercial purposes.
| session and booking fee |
3) Sessions are booked by payment of the non-refundable booking and session fee of $285 which includes the session itself and an 8×10″ art print of your choice OR by utilising a Gift Card given to you (this might have come from a friend or family member or from one of our partnered businesses).
The payment of our booking and session fee is to reserve your allocated shoot date, time and current fees. Should you be unable to pay your deposit at the time of booking, the studio reserves the right to offer your time and date to other clients. Your fees and shoot date are not reserved until your booking fee has been paid.
If you, your child or any attending individual is feeling unwell, please call to reschedule. The studio understands that sometimes, this happens. If you must cancel, please try to do so at least 48 hours prior to your session, in the case of not showing up for your session, you forfeit your entire booking/session fee/gift card. The booking and session fee is non-refundable but is transferrable for another date/time as agreed.
| gift cards & certificates |
4) If you have received a gift card from one of our partnered businesses such as Sound Diagnostics or Burnside Hospital, it is not necessary for you to pay the booking/session fee as this is covered by your certificate. However if you cancel or change your shoot date without adequate notice (24 hours at least), it is at the discretion of the studio as to whether you will be required to pay the booking/session fee when rescheduling your shoot. If in doubt, please check.
| re-shoots | attendance | other photographers |
5) Re-shoots are at the discretion of the studio and are not given for regretful personal choices such a hair and clothing.
6) To avoid disruption to the photographic coverage and to allow the studio to fulfil its agreed duty, other photography, videography etc by family/friends during the shoot is not permitted. If you wish to record your session for prosperity reasons, please discuss this with your photographer.
7) Attendance at your photo session is limited to those individuals being photographed. In the case of children and newborns, attendance is limited to 2 parents only (if more parents or grandparents are wishing to attend please discuss this with the studio). Siblings are welcome if they are to be photographed as well. In order to minimise distractions and ensure a more productive and successful session it is recommended that the number of persons present be kept to an absolute minimum.
Please note that during COVID the studio cannot have more than 8 people.
| the process |
8) You will be provided with a ‘teaser’ of ONE image on our blog and facebook page within a few business days of your session depending on the busyness of the studio at the time of your shoot, this can take up to 1 week. You are welcome to tag these images if you wish. They are not available for printing and the resolution quality is not adequate for such.
9) When your images are ready to be viewed, you will be emailed and a date will be set for your design and ordering appointment which will be scheduled at a mutually convenient time. You will be expected to finalise your order at this session, so we request that all decision makers are present during the Image Selection Session.
10) Our design and ordering appointments are conducted in our studio. This is where you view your edited images for the first time and decide what you’d like to do with your chosen images. We provide assistance with choosing products and have samples of sizes and products in our studio. This is a very relaxed session. We do NOT hard sell. We are simply there to help you decide on the images and/or products you wish to purchase.
11) You agree that you have received, read and understand the studio’s price list which will remain as the price list for your session, even if the studio’s prices increase between the booking date and your shoot. It is agreed that you will be offered additional product and prices if they happen to change during this time, but only if they benefit you, the client. The price list does not transfer to subsequent shoots in the years to come.
12) You agree that ALL interested parties have received, read and understood the studio’s price list. This means that all financial decision makers in relation to your session are fully aware of the price list associated with your session.
| file security and back up |
13) Between your shoot and finalisation of your order your images are fully backed up and secured as adequately as possible both onsite and off. Once your session and orders have been finalised, all un-ordered images are deleted 60 days from the finalisation of your order.
14) In the event that you are unable to make any decision in regard to purchase of images from your gallery (no purchase of any image is made) your gallery will be kept on file for 60 days after which time your images will be deleted.
| payment | payment plans | collection |
15) Full payment for your order is due at the time of ordering at your Image Selection Session and can be made by cash, direct deposit or credit card. Due to the custom nature of each session, all sales are final. Please be sure to inspect your images carefully. Once images and products are ordered, all sales are final. Payment plans are available through PayRight, minimum 10% deposit required and terms available up to 12 months. There is also the option to pay 50% deposit, and 50% at collection of purchased products. In the unfortunate event that payment is not received the studio retains the right to claim any and all legal and collection fees pertaining to the outstanding invoice.
16) Your ordered products will be ready for collection within 4-6 weeks (depending on your order). We will contact you to arrange a convenient time for you to collect your order from our Torrens Park Studio.
| editing and design |
17) The images will be fully processed and finished when you see them at your design and ordering appointment. The studio does not offer extreme re-touching services such as head swapping and changing clothing colours.
18) Custom designed products such as Birth Announcement cards etc are priced to include one round of changes. Any changes to the original designs over and above 1 round, will incur a $50 re-design fee.
| storage | maintenance |
19) Handling, storage and maintenance of your portraits are your responsibility. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR DIGITAL FILES. Handle your prints with extreme care. Damage incurred as result of improper handling, framing or hanging is the responsibility of the client. Please be aware that light impacts everything – white frames will colour over time and black frames may fade slightly, even though they are of the highest quality. We cannot guarantee that a white frame purchased today will match exactly a white frame purchased 5 years ago.
| monitor calibration |
20) Clients are to be made aware that there may be slight colour differences between what they view on their home computer compared to what is printed. This is due to the differences in monitor calibration. All monitors used by the studio are fully calibrated and are matched to the profile of our professional labs. This colour variation also applies to press printed products such as greeting cards. In short, if you print from Big W and they don’t look the same as from a pro-lab, it is due to the poor quality of the print, not the digital file provided by the studio.
| acts of god |
21) The studio shall carry out this agreement with due and professional diligence. Elements beyond the studio’s control include faulty material, equipment failure, failed hard drives and back ups. Every effort to ensure the safety of your precious images has been taken including off site storage and backups. However in the case of the above the studio shall not be liable for its complete performance of the agreement and liability shall be limited to a refund of any money paid under this agreement which shall be full and final satisfaction of any damage or loss suffered.
By attending your photography session it is taken that you agree by the terms set out here in.
| thank you | we are really looking forward to working with you and your family.
If you have any questions at all regarding this agreement, please call the studio on 0419 809 570 or email us at email@example.com