Well, we are certainly living in interesting times.
Our priority is, and has always been, serving our families with the utmost care and providing an exceptional experience, whilst capturing once-in-a-lifetime memories.
During this time we ask that you please, support your community and the small businesses around you. There is no doubt that the impacts of this pandemic will be enormous. We will be constantly monitoring the advice of health authorities and will act quickly if any changes in advice are given.
Kate & Co will also be offering in-home or location sessions if you feel you’d prefer this option for capturing your newborn or family …… eventually we will look back on this crazy time (which will be well documented!) – let’s make sure your newborn and family moments aren’t forgotten, whilst still keeping everyone safe.
In times such as these, we feel it may help our families feel more comfortable knowing the steps the studio already takes to ensure child and family safety, and the steps we will be implementing in addition, as from Monday 16th March 2020.
The studio is and has always been cleaned on a regular basis. All fabric and items used during the course of a photographic session have always been stripped and fully laundered between use. Our nappy change area has always been stripped and cleaned between clients visiting the studio and we have always routinely used and had hand sanitiser available for use.
In addition to these steps and for the foreseeable future, we will now also be:
– completely stripping and changing all fabrics/blankets/wraps that are present in the studio while a family was being photographed, whether they were used or not. We will have fully cleaned and laundered packs to replace all items with, in the event more than one family is being photographed that day.
– between use, we will completely wipe down and disinfect all hard surfaces in the studio including but not limited to the coffee table, change table, sideboard, side table. The studio floor will be mopped between sessions.
– All doors and door handles and any ‘high touch’ zone will be cleaned and disinfected 3 times daily, including the entrance door.
– we will serve water bottled, all tea and coffee will be served in disposable cups (you are welcome to bring along your own re-usable coffee mug). This is due to the studio not having a dishwasher and we can’t be confident we can get the temperatures needed to ensure completely hygienic crockery/glassware with only hand washing.
– the studio’s toy box will not be utilised during your session. We kindly ask for you to bring along some additional entertainment for your little people to keep them happy during their session.
– for now, the studio’s high-touch display items such as albums and prints will be put away, rather than have them on display.
– photographers will ask you if you wish for them to wear a facemask during your session for either the entire time, or only when in direct contact with your newborn/child.
Please, if you or your immediate family members have returned from overseas in the last 14 days, we are more than happy to reschedule your photography session with the studio. If you or any member of your immediate family are displaying flu like symptoms, please take care of yourself and those around you. We are more than happy to reschedule your photography session, and request that you do not attend your session until you are completely well.
In the event that you wish to re-schedule your session, we are more than happy to accomodate this request.
This too shall pass.
Kate & Co
(Kate, Deb & Jackie)